Welcome to Folkmoot!
We’re proud that the mountains of Western North Carolina welcome the world to our region every July! But we’re more than the festival:
- We’re a performance center that hosts all sorts of concerts, all year long.
- We’re a center for the arts.
- We’re an educational facility that welcomes and advocates for diversity.
- We’re a staging ground for “cultural conversations.”
- We host regular “friendship dinners” that bring the world to our table.
- We’re a special events place that is kid-friendly and lots of fun.
We’re a festival, and then much more!
Hours: 9am – 5pm, Monday – Friday
(Plus special hours for events)
What is Folkmoot?
A 36-year-old international festival, and a year-round arts and cultural center
Folkmoot is a nonprofit 501(c)3 organization that fosters the vibrancy of many cultures into one community. Folkmoot programs are based on cultural exchange and designed to build global relationships, foster cultural understanding and develop community prosperity.
Each summer since 1984 a kaleidoscope of musicians and dancers from across the globe have visited Waynesville, NC, as part of the Folkmoot International Dance and Music Festival.
Folkmoot is also a year-round cultural center, with programs and events that celebrate diversity, encourage cultural conversation, and preserve and honor worldwide cultural heritages.
News from Folkmoot
24 events in 11 days – July 18-28, 2019: international folk dance performances, live music, parades, craft beer, food trucks and artisan vendors The 2019