Welcome to Folkmoot!
We’re proud that the mountains of Western North Carolina welcome the world to our region every July! But we’re more than the festival:
- We’re a performance center that hosts all sorts of concerts, all year long.
- We’re a center for the arts.
- We’re an educational facility that welcomes and advocates for diversity.
- We’re a staging ground for “cultural conversations.”
- We host regular “friendship dinners” that bring the world to our table.
- We’re a special events place that is kid-friendly and lots of fun.
We’re a festival, and then much more!
Hours: 9am – 5pm, Monday – Friday
(Plus special hours for events)
What is Folkmoot?
A 36-year-old international festival, and a year-round arts and cultural center
Folkmoot is a nonprofit 501(c)3 organization that fosters the vibrancy of many cultures into one community. Folkmoot programs are based on cultural exchange and designed to build global relationships, foster cultural understanding and develop community prosperity.
Each summer since 1984 a kaleidoscope of musicians and dancers from across the globe have visited Waynesville, NC, as part of the Folkmoot International Dance and Music Festival.
Folkmoot is also a year-round cultural center, with programs and events that celebrate diversity, encourage cultural conversation, and preserve and honor worldwide cultural heritages.
Our Sponsors Make Folkmoot Happen!
News from Folkmoot
For the second year, Balsam Range opens its December Art of Music Festival with a Waynesville kickoff at the Queen Auditorium/Folkmoot Center, located at the
As many people now know, “Folkmoot” means “meeting of the people.” The Folkmoot Festival provides communities throughout western North Carolina the opportunity to build a