What is Folkmoot?
A 36-year-old international festival, and a year-round arts and cultural center!
Each summer since 1984 a kaleidoscope of musicians and dancers from across the globe have visited Waynesville, NC, as part of the Folkmoot International Dance and Music Festival.
Folkmoot is also a year-round cultural center, with programs and events that celebrate diversity, encourage cultural conversation, and preserve and honor worldwide cultural heritages.
We’re proud that the mountains of Western North Carolina welcome the world to our region every July! But we’re more than the festival:
- We’re a performance center that hosts all sorts of concerts, all year long.
- We’re a center for the arts.
- We’re an educational facility that welcomes and advocates for diversity.
- We’re a staging ground for “cultural conversations.”
- We host regular “friendship dinners” that bring the world to our table.
- We’re a special events place that is kid-friendly and lots of fun.
We’re a festival, and then much more!
Want to visit?
Hours: 9am – 5pm, Monday – Friday
(Plus special hours for events)