https://i1.wp.com/folkmoot.org/wp-content/uploads/FMLisaLanyards1-Edited.jpg?fit=1500%2C1174&ssl=1 1174 1500 Folkmoot USA https://folkmoot.org/wp-content/uploads/FMLogo_NoUSA-1-300x222.jpg Folkmoot USA2018-07-18 10:24:402018-07-18 10:24:40Folkmoot celebrates Smoky Mountain culture, too!
Folkmoot celebrates Smoky Mountain culture, too! Along with culture and musical and dance traditions from around the world, Folkmoot takes pride in and likes to also celebrate the unique culture of our own Smoky Mountains, part of the greater…
https://i2.wp.com/folkmoot.org/wp-content/uploads/FMVolunteers2018-Edited.jpg?fit=1500%2C917&ssl=1 917 1500 Folkmoot USA https://folkmoot.org/wp-content/uploads/FMLogo_NoUSA-1-300x222.jpg Folkmoot USA2018-07-17 09:08:142018-07-17 09:08:14Volunteers guide the Folkmoot Festival
Volunteers guide the Folkmoot Festival through its 10 days of beauty, pageantry and delightful sights and sounds. Every non-profit organization depends on volunteers, of course, but the Folkmoot Festival could not have lasted for 35 years…
https://i2.wp.com/folkmoot.org/wp-content/uploads/FMFolkmootWeek-Edited.jpg?fit=1500%2C1078&ssl=1 1078 1500 Folkmoot USA https://folkmoot.org/wp-content/uploads/FMLogo_NoUSA-1-300x222.jpg Folkmoot USA2018-07-16 10:03:502018-07-16 10:03:50Folkmoot starts Thursday! R U Ready??
Folkmoot starts Thursday! R U Ready?? Folkmoot 2018 - the 35th edition of North Carolina's official international folk festival - opens Thursday with its annual Gala Under The Stars, moves rapidly to Camp Folkmoot for kids, two grand opening…
https://i2.wp.com/folkmoot.org/wp-content/uploads/FMstaff2018-Edited.jpg?fit=1500%2C1032&ssl=1 1032 1500 Folkmoot USA https://folkmoot.org/wp-content/uploads/FMLogo_NoUSA-1-300x222.jpg Folkmoot USA2018-07-15 08:00:252018-07-15 08:00:25The Folkmoot staff is preparing for Thursday's festival opening!
The Folkmoot staff is preparing for Thursday's festival opening! Oh, to be sure, the Folkmoot staff works hard all year long to produce North Carolina's official international folk festival. But with the festival's 2018 grand opening the staff…
https://i2.wp.com/folkmoot.org/wp-content/uploads/FMsponsors2018-Edited.jpg?fit=1500%2C899&ssl=1 899 1500 Folkmoot USA https://folkmoot.org/wp-content/uploads/FMLogo_NoUSA-1-300x222.jpg Folkmoot USA2018-07-13 08:50:132018-07-13 08:50:13Our sponsors make possible Folkmoot 2018!
Our sponsors make possible Folkmoot 2018! Without a doubt, Folkmoot could not exist - now for 35 years - without the support of our corporate sponsors. And, yes, we are without question so very grateful for the thousands of private donations…
https://i2.wp.com/folkmoot.org/wp-content/uploads/FMGuides2018-Edited.jpg?fit=1018%2C490&ssl=1 490 1018 Folkmoot USA https://folkmoot.org/wp-content/uploads/FMLogo_NoUSA-1-300x222.jpg Folkmoot USA2018-07-11 10:59:052018-07-11 10:59:05Folkmoot Guides map the festival trail
Folkmoot Guides map the festival trail and without this tough and resilient corps of young Western Carolina leaders the Folkmoot Festival would be stranded in the wilderness. The Guides are high school and college students who dedicate a…
The 20 latest Blog Posts
- Folkmoot celebrates Smoky Mountain culture, too!
- Volunteers guide the Folkmoot Festival
- Folkmoot starts Thursday! R U Ready??
- The Folkmoot staff is preparing for Thursday’s festival opening!
- Our sponsors make possible Folkmoot 2018!
- Folkmoot Guides map the festival trail
- Cherokee is fascinating for visiting Folkmoot performers!
- Folkmoot and so much more in these beautiful Smoky Mountains!
- Folkmoot’s Parade of Nations: July 21 on Main Street in Waynesville!
- The Folkmoot volunteer spotlight falls on George Thomas
- Please help us gather craft supplies for kids!
- Coming right up: two huge Folkmoot weekends!
- Folkmoot: the dream of 1973 lives on in 2018!
- Learn to say, “peace,” in many languages
- Hey, y’all! Say, “hello,” in the languages of Folkmoot
- Folkmoot 2018 is one month away!
- Folkmoot is more social (media) than ever!
- Folkmoot is community
- Our volunteer spotlight shines on Michelle Romberger
- A Métis dance for the Cherokee people
- 2017 Folkmoot Greece Trip
- 2018 Performers
- About Us
- Apply to be a Cafeteria Worker during the Festival
- Apply to be a Festival Bus Driver
- Apply to be a Festival Craft Vendor
- Apply to be a Folkmoot Volunteer
- Apply to be a Food Vendor
- Apply to be a Guide or Assistant Guide
- Apply to be a Performance Group at the Festival
- Apply to be a Seasonal Worker
- Campaign for Folkmoot
- Contact Us
- Contact Us
- Cultural Conversations
- EMPLOYMENT APPLICATIONS – Please scroll down for all applications.
- Festival History
- Folkmoot Festival Schedule 2014
- Font styles
- Friendship Center Rentals
- Gift Certificates
- International Band Registration
- Links to Community Partners
- My Account
- My Bookings
- Programs & Activities
- Staff, Guides, Key Volunteers
- Testing Sponsors
- Thank You
- Thank you for Becoming a Friend
- Thank You for Submitting Your Application
- Videos and Images
- Website Verification
- Whats New?
- Young Entrepreneurs
- Festival Schedule
Archives by Month:
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- July 2014
- June 2014
- February 2014
- April 2013
- February 2009