Tasting. Seeing. Feeling. Hearing. Giving. The first four experiences await you as you travel to Greece in December 2017 as part of this limited-offer trip sponsored by Folkmoot and coordinated by Wilcox World Travel & Tours. The fourth experience – giving – is how your trip purchase supports the efforts of Folkmoot.
Folkmoot is working with Wilcox Travel to offer an affordable, informative and fun eight-day trip to Greece, departing December 26, 2017, and returning January 3, 2018. This trip is for those interested in history, antiquity, art, archeology, religion, culture, and the joy of traveling to different parts of the world. No place on this earth brings world history to life more than Greece.
Not only can you be a part of this amazing week, but you can know that your trip is bringing important programming to the Folkmoot community.
Based on the number of trips sold, Folkmoot can earn free trips, which in turn will become raffle/fundraising opportunities that will help Folkmoot with reaching its goal to grow its year-round programming. Therefore, your trip aids Folkmoot’s efforts to increase its role in leading cultural conversations, expand its youth and family programming and continue its efforts to restore the historic Folkmoot Friendship Center so that it can boost the number of concerts, dinners, classes and programs it offers western North Carolina communities.
Your decision to travel to Greece will not only make great memories for you, but it will help Folkmoot build programs that will have a lasting effect on our community. Your trip gives us opportunities for all the good that comes with “more.”
GO TO GREECE.
GIVE TO FOLKMOOT.
December 26, 2017 – January 3, 2018
- Roundtrip Airfare from Asheville to Athens, Greece
- Current airport departure taxes, customs and security fee and fuel surcharges
- First and superior first-class hotel accommodations
- Breakfast and dinner daily, lunches are independent
- Comprehensive daily sightseeing by private deluxe motor coach with qualified driver and licensed, English-speaking guide/escort
- Entrance fees to all sighting
- All transfers and porterage (one suitcase per person)
- “Whispers” headsets
- Wilcox World Travel and Tours flight bag and Greece Guidebook
- Individuals who purchase a trip to Greece will receive a ticket to the Candlelight Closing in 2018.
- Not Included: Single room supplement, insurance, beverages with meals, passports, personal items, and immunizations
- Overnights in Athens (2 at beginning, last night), Delphi (1), Kalambaka (1), Thessaloniki (2)
- Tour of Athens, modern and ancient
- Peloponnesian Gulf drive to Corinth, where St. Paul lived and preached. Mycenae (described by Homer), Lions Gate, remains of Agamemnon’s Royal Palace are included, as is a visit to Epidaurus and its 2,300-year-old open-air theater
- Tour the Parthenon, the Acropolis, Theater of Dionysus, the Agora and Mars Hill before traveling to Arachova, a small town famous for its flokati rugs, cheese, honey, and wine. Overnight in Delphi, the home of the ancient Oracle.
- Tour Delphi, then Meteora and Kalambaka, with their hanging monasteries
- Tour Thessaloniki, another famed spot where St. Paul preached
- Drive to port city of Kavala and then visit Philippi and Thessaloniki
Price, Per Person Based on Double Occupancy: $3,349.00
Contact Elizabeth Burson for more information and to start the registration process: firstname.lastname@example.org or 828.452.2997
Go to www.folkmoot.org and get your tickets to experience the wonder of international culture through music and dance!