Folkmoot is seeking a part time Finance Manager to join our team of five year-round staff and 30 seasonal workers. Headquartered in Waynesville, North Carolina in the historic Hazelwood School, Folkmoot is a nonprofit organization celebrating our 34th festival in July. Our festival has featured heritage dance and music groups from almost 200 countries and hosted close to 7,000 international guests! In 2014, Folkmoot began the process of becoming a year-round cultural development organization. Built on decades of international festival experiences, Folkmoot believes that sharing global culture in rural communities broadens individual perspectives and changes lives. Folkmoot creates opportunities for individuals and communities across the globe to build a deeper sense of connection, mutual respect and shared purpose.
Purpose Statement: Folkmoot is a nonprofit 501(c)3 organization that fosters the vibrancy of many cultures into one community. Folkmoot programs are based on cultural exchange and designed to build global relationships, foster cultural understanding and develop community prosperity.
Part time: Approximately 20-25 hours per week
Hourly wage: $15-$18/hr
Benefits: Eight paid holidays and one-week vacation after one year of service
Paid holidays include: New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Day, Memorial Day – May, Independence Day, Labor Day – September, Thanksgiving, Day after Thanksgiving (Depending on day of the week), Christmas Day (Depending on the day of the week.)
Reports to: Executive Director
General Responsibilities: Folkmoot’s Finance Manager conducts all accounting tasks for Folkmoot and the Border Memorial Foundation, including but not limited to: bookkeeping, budget and financial statement preparation, annual budgeting, payroll, accounts payable/receivable, recording and managing donor data.
Specific Finance Manager Responsibilities:
- Reconciling bank statements;
- Managing audits and 990 preparations;
- Working with vendors/service contractors;
- Administers festival venue contracts;
- Records minutes for Board of Director’s meetings;
- Tracks timecards, vacation benefits;
- Serves as liaison to Finance Committee; and
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience Requirements:
Four years of experience in nonprofit bookkeeping and grant reporting is essential.
Ability to work well on a team and with the public.
Strong experience in data analysis.
Advanced Excel and Quickbooks skills.
Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Gmail applications.
Strong organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills.
Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Self-motivated to learn new concepts and participate in new projects.
- Folkmoot finds strength in diversity and embraces differences.
- Folkmoot recognizes the importance of cultural exchange to create peace, prosperity, and understanding.
- Folkmoot is inclusive and does not represent any one political or religious perspective.
- Folkmoot honors and celebrates creative expression.
- Folkmoot preserves cultural heritage and cultivates opportunities for community education and prosperity.
- We are inclusive
- We are kind, creative, friendly, fun and appreciate self-expression
- We are open-minded, generous and think of our festival as an adventure
- We strive to learn and grow through our interactions with each other and through our organizational experiences
- We are open, honest communicators
- We expect and respect cultural differences
- We work to find solutions rather than stay stuck in challenges
- We do a lot with very little
- We work as a team.
- We all strive to recognize what work needs to be done and pitch-in to help when others need help.
- We strive to represent Folkmoot in the best light.
- We strive to embody these values in our interactions with others
Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.