After three spectacular decades Folkmoot is progressing, transforming, expanding and now you can be part of the renewal and create a Folkmoot legacy all your own!
Over the next few years, Folkmoot will grow from a 10-day festival of spectacular dance to a year-round center of cultural exchange, education, entrepreneurship and peace-building and you can be part of the future – and forever – with your own name (or family name) on a permanent auditorium seat, a commemorative brick, a permanent flag and more.
Re-purposing Historic Hazelwood Elementary
The historic Hazelwood School serves as Folkmoot’s permanent home, hosting hundreds of performers each July, as well as other groups and gatherings throughout the year. The Campaign for Folkmoot will help raise $400,00 to renovate the facility, including refurbishing a 300 seat auditorium, replacing the roof and installing an efficient heating and cooling system. These upgrades will help Folkmoot offer additional events throughout the year, while reducing annual maintenance and operations costs.
- By contributing $500, your name will be embossed on a name plate on the arm of a seat in our newly redesign auditorium and performance hall. Selection of seats is on a first come basis.
- With a $350 contribution, you can sponsor a flag that will hang in the Folkmoot hallways, out in the community and outside the Friendship Center. Flag donors will be recognized with sponsor signage.
- A $250 contribution will be commemorated with a brick etched with your name to be placed at the entrance of the Friendship Hall, the cafeteria or the auditorium.
You can make direct online donations here or call the Folkmoot Friendship Center, 828-452-2997, or complete the form at the bottom of this post and we will reach out to you!
For individuals, families or companies who want to more involvement and a larger contribution, Folkmoot will also offer the extraordinary opportunity of naming rights on some of the Folkmoot Friendship Centers’ permanent structures:
- With a $100,000 contribution, you will receive naming rights to one of the large common spaces of the Center. Each area will be named in honor of a contributor.
- With a $50,000 contribution, we will develop two new areas of the Friendship Center – the Peace Garden and the Fellowship Deck – as areas into we will expand our year-round programming.
And, as always – or in addition to – membership is available in the Friends of Folkmoot!
All Friends of Folkmoot receive electronic newsletter updates, invitations to special events, early access to festival tickets, special discounts, a listing in the annual program and an exclusive invitation to the Annual Folkmoot Gala, a private celebration of donors and dancers held at the beginning of the annual Folkmoot Summer Festival.
Join Friends of Folkmoot at one of these levels:
- $1000 – Century Club: Eight Gala tickets and special acknowledgement on invitations, two tickets for opening and closing events and a complimentary brick, plus Folkmoot Century Club pins.
- $500 – Gala Host: Six Gala tickets and listed as a sponsor on invitations to this exclusive event.
- $300 – Folkmoot Supporter: Four Gala tickets.
- $150 – Friend of Folkmoot: Two Gala tickets.
Are Donations to Folkmoot USA Tax-Deductible?
Folkmoot USA is a 501(c) nonprofit organization. Donations are generally deductible minus the face value of tickets and cost of advertising. Please consult your attorney or accountant on how to maximize the tax deduction of your specific gift.