Become a Folkmoot Festival Group
Folkmoot has begun the process of looking for groups for 2019. Please read the following information and fill out the application below to apply.
To apply to as a group appearing at the Annual Folkmoot Summer Festival, You need to follow this process:
- Fill out the application, linked here.
- Review our conditions of participation, below.
- Ask that your group is reviewed by Folkmoot’s Group Relations Committee.
- Pending approval and invitation, sign a participation agreement and submit to Folkmoot staff.
- Provide Folkmoot with the following information, in electronic form via email to email@example.com: photos, videos, promotional information about your group, your country, links to websites and social media sites
- Prepare travel arrangements and work with the Folkmoot staff to apply for visas if necessary.
- Provide a description of your dances, the origins of your dances, perhaps the regions from which they come. Any information you think would help us understand your group’s presentations.
CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION 2018
Folkmoot USA, a CIOFF festival, has been designated by the Legislature and Governor of our State as “The Official International Festival of North Carolina.” Visitors from all across America attend the festival. We take great pride in being a festival of friendship that hosts high-quality folk groups.
Key Items in the Folkmoot USA Conditions of Participation
- In 2018, groups will be asked to arrive no later than July 18 and depart on July
- Groups must fly into Asheville Regional Airport (AVL, Charlotte International Airport (CLT), Atlanta International Airport (ATL or the Greenville International Airport (GSP).
- Each group is responsible for providing its own transportation to the airports listed above
- All group members should be at least 16 years old.
- Groups must remain under 30 participants total, including musicians, directors, performers, etc.
- Live music rather than recorded music is required and must accompany the dancers.
- Groups are housed hostel-style with two rooms per group, males, and females in separate rooms, at the Folkmoot Friendship Center.
- Four meals a day are served in the center’s cafeteria where all groups enjoy fellowship together.
- Folkmoot USA will provide housing, transportation, and four meals a day during the festival.
- No other reimbursement is provided by Folkmoot USA.
Please continue reading for more detail on Folkmoot USA’s Conditions of Participation.